Sunday, October 31, 2010

Still More Electrical...

Lots of progress this week on the electricals, though you wouldn't be able to tell from a picture of the Coupe. Instead, I'll post a few pictures of the schematics I'm working on to document the maze of wires that are going into the car.




I dreaded the electrical work, but I'm starting to like it!
Much of the wiring inside the car is changing from the donor wiring because:
-we don't use a single instrument cluster with a series of "idiot lights", instead each gauge or light must be wired
-we aren't using most of the creature comforts wired into a modern car, so many of the original wires are going
-we have all new systems for air conditioning and windshield wipers, plus a remote-controlled door release (you may have noticed the car doesn't have door handles! :-) )
Creating the schematics gives me a way to check my logic and improve my layout without throwing away wire and expensive connectors. It also gives me something to use later if I have to troubleshoot a problem.
My immediate goal is to document the circuits needed for the ignition, then finish the fuel lines, install the battery, perform a complete test of the electricals, and start it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment